8.12.2010

Bean Report

Lost the Dragon Lingerie ;( , Maxibel, Burgundy and a lot of the Provider to the hideous rust. I've never planted beans in any of the spots where these puppies died. Never had rust like this. Other beans, planted places where they'd planted in previous years--no rust. Strange. I thought, at first, it had something to do with the small blue spruces proximity to the bed. Yet, however and suchforth, correlation doesn't equal causation. Its a fungus-amongous--Uromyces phaseoli typica. I think Neem is the answer for this. Anyway...sadness but we move on, cause I planted plenty more. They're everwar--that's why I spread out plantings! The Pole Beans are really starting to come in. All the shell beans are getting going. The succession planting is definitely the answer.

Just harvested the major Buerre d' Roquencourt crop for our precious Dilly Beans-delicioso.

Let me just say again. Succession planting!

No comments: