8.24.2008

Cornichons and Dilly beans-The Pepper Report

Made my first batches of these delicacies. First batch was dilly beans. Used white vineger. Ok--not great but edible. I included a bunch of little peppers--which had all gotten blossom end rot so I had to pick out the ugly bits.

Really, lost my whole first crop of peppers. Only the little ones didn't suffer. Cherry bombs and Tangerine piemiento. The mini-peppers from Territorial fared ok too. I got 1 decent Orange Bell. Started out with 42 plants. Lost 2 to mice? or grasshopper? --not sure. 4 more with disease. tangerine, chocolate beauty, golden marconi & peaceworks.

The second flush is in progress. I've lost a few to BER but have sprayed everything with calcium--don't know yet whether its the answer. Fingers crossed.

Others that have provided thus far include (meager)
Black Hungarian
Garden Sunshine
Diamond